The truth doesn't have to be pretty, just the truth. Being malnourished isn't always about a lack of food... Lead by example. Other peoples opinion of you is none of your business. You are only as good as your word. Be the change you seek.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Feeling Juicy

I went and got a new scale today.  My old one said I weighed 6,185 lbs. no matter how many new batteries we put in there. I set the new one up (it is exactly like the old one) and synched it to my phone.  I stood on it and almost wept.  All those 4 am mornings (4 months of them) and nothing.  I have lost some inches, no weight.  Well, technically, I no longer weigh 6,185, losing almost 3 tons :)
I know what needs to be done, I did it before. I need to clean up my eating and get in the gym on the machines.

I started a juice fast today. I had been planning on it and I belong to a group that is doing it as well.  I have done a few before and the longest I went was 12 days.  That is a long time to want to chew and not be able to.  Juicing is a fabulous way to get nutrients into your body and clean it out of all sorts of gunk. I am hoping to juice the whole month of October. I love juicing pineapples and bought 6 today.  I juice a whole pineapple a day.  Today I made my sweet green. Nathan loves when I juice and he will drink it all if I don't remind him that I would like some too. You should drink 96 oz of juice a day and lots of water.  Your juice should be 80/20 (veg/fruit).  I start off sweet and then my body craves more of the green as the days go on, so I am not 80/20 when I start out.  I am hoping I have no headaches and do not enter the 'I am going to bite your head off' mood as I detox.  Sometimes when I juice fast, I have days when I do just water. It is super important to listen to your body when fasting.  You should also check with your Dr before you start if you have questions about your meds and how your body can tolerate it.

Today I was not so hungry, it was like my body knew.  I only drank about 1/2 of this and will start tomorrow with what is left, unless I drink the rest tonight.  I have learned that it is always good to have a juice ready in the fridge for nighttime.



Here is my Sweet Green:




1 large pineapple
6 apples 
6 Brussels sprouts    
6 C of spinach
2 limes
2 C red grapes
nub of turmeric

These are estimates.  I will use whatever grapes I have in the freezer. Fruits that are not fun to eat anymore. I kept this in a 1/2 gallon mason jar in the fridge and drank during the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment