The truth doesn't have to be pretty, just the truth. Being malnourished isn't always about a lack of food... Lead by example. Other peoples opinion of you is none of your business. You are only as good as your word. Be the change you seek.

Monday, September 28, 2015

It Was One Of Those Days

When I post a status update on Facebook, I almost always get a chuckle. My life should be a sitcom. I could use the cash. My day to day is not intended to be funny, however it often times ending up being that way. Today was no different.

I did not make it to the gym this am.  I did not sleep a wink last night, tossing and turning and all worked up about going to the gym.  I had a nice text conversation with my cousin today and it helped put things in perspective.  Thank you Brea.  I am going to set my dark thirty alarm and see if the gym is in the cards tomorrow.

I was doing the school run and of course was dressed to the nines.  The nines being overdressed if I was going for the nekkid look.  I had no intentions of getting out of the car.  I put on shorts, a tank top and no support underneath for the girls and my shower sandals (for at the gym). The only thing going for me was that I showered last night and my hair was tousled from tossing and turning.  Not the sexy tousled mind you. It looked closer to the I can't find my brush and I am not getting out of the car scenario. I have had a headache all weekend and no ibuprofen in the house, I even looked for dropped ones under the bed.  My head started pounding on the way home and I decided I would be quick like a bunny and get some.  I pulled into 'that' store.  You know, the store that has everything.  The store that I don't shop at and when I step foot in something always happens to me.  ALWAYS!

I find a spot and park the car.  Hubby is on the phone saying he needed toothpaste and a belt.  Now it has become an outing. An outing I am not dressed for.  I head in the doors and find my ibuprofen, pick up some conditioner and toothpaste.  I did get a little smirk from a lady who had her undergarments on and the girls were properly harnessed.  I headed over to the mens dept and sent 27 pictures to the husband of the belts he had to choose from. He wanted to see hole size, position and buckle type.  After sending the pics he says you choose.  Are you kidding me? I chose the 2 that I thought could hurt him the most.  If you are law enforcement, I kid.

I am almost out of the store and am heading to the register and I see women's T's on sale.  I think I can always use a new gym shirt (I swear I am going).  They didn't have my size, so I grabbed the ones that was a size smaller and tried it on right there over my tank top.  It fit! Yay me!  I go to take it off and am pulling it off over my head and realize that my tank top has come with it.  Right in the middle of the department, people all over and cameras all around.  This is about par for the course.  Something always happens.  I didn't know that it would be going topless in the store but what the heck.  I pull my tank back on and put my new shirt in the shopping cart.  I don't turn red, I am not embarrassed, I don't care.  I have officially reached the age of so what?  I may feel differently if I wind up on the website that showcases the people and their attire that frequent this store.  I may have to register my address on a website to warn others of my antics.  It is what it is.  If you see the pictures circulating, please be kind.

I came home and my headache was gone.  As in I could have shopped for ibuprofen when I was fully clothed. When there was no chance that I would flash everyone in a 360ยบ 300' radius.

I had asked hubby to change the batteries in the scale as I was weighing 6,598 pounds overtime I stepped on it.  I knew it was a pound or two off and I wanted a better gauge of where I was.  He changed the batteries and I stepped on it today and it said I weighed 1,650 lbs.  That swimming sure has paid off.  I could weigh myself in the gym locker room tomorrow, but I try to keep my eyes on the ground, averted, looking at the ceiling, on my phone, covered.  Why you ask?  Well apparently a very flexible nudist colony has joined my gym and no pose is off limits when in the locker room.  The ones that keep me up at night are the bent over at the waist putting lotion on their legs, bent over and blowdrying their hair and the one with one leg up on the bench and looking in their locker for who knows what. I am not sure that I need to know my numbers that badly.

Tomorrow is another day and anything could happen and it usually does.  I might even make it to the gym.  My plan is to make it to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment